Saturday, July 2, 2016

Conference - Solutions Toward a New Economy


From Friday, July 8 through Sunday, July 10, the New Economy Coalition will be hosting CommonBound 2016 – Another World Is Possible.  Many presenters and speakers will be offering ideas and concrete examples on topics ranging across a wide spectrum of fair and just economics and social order.  For those wanting to learn more, please see the New Economy Coalition website. 

I will be attending many of the sessions of this conference plus the pre-conference activity involving the role of communities of faith in the creation and application of a fair and just social-economic system.  Some of my friends and acquaintances have expressed an interest in this conference but for personal   reasons cannot attend.  For this reason, I've decided to use this blog to communicate some of the important ideas of the presenters that I heard.  I plan to take notes and then translate them into
ideas/comments in this format.  Perhaps this way, readers can grasp some of the issues and information being provided during this event.  I'll try to update this information daily.  If you have any comments on my postings, please do so.  A little warning may be in order though - Blogs are an informal way of communicating among people.  Therefore, spelling and grammar errors may be encountered.  Please realize that Blogs are meant to communicate ideas and not meant to be literary masterpieces.

It will be my intention to update my posts as I have time throughout the conference so for those interested, please frequently check this blog.


JohnK

No comments:

Post a Comment